Muslim man who threatened Christians while holding gun on Facebook Live is charged

A Muslim man who threatened Christians while holding a handgun in a live video on Facebook in the US has been charged.

 Pexels

Ehab Abdulmutta Jaber, 45,told those attending a Christian conference in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to 'be scared' and 'be terrified' while he brandished the weapon on the live stream.

The charges, which include one count of 'terrorist threat,' could result in prison for a maximum of five years or a penalty fee of up to $10,000.

Jaber was also indicted for possessing methamphetamine after police discovered the drug along with more firearms in his home.

He was escorted out of the Worldview Weekend Christian Conference in South Dakota on April 9 after security personnel saw him recording a video of the event while holding a handgun, according to the Christian Post.

The security staff then realised that he had gone to the car park and had begun a live stream from his Facebook social media account in which he brandished guns and issued threats laced with profanities.

Sioux Falls Police Officer Sam Clemens initially said that no charges will be filed against Jaber as he had permits for all his firearms. 'He had a lot of guns with him but he wasn't breaking any laws,' Clemens said. 'He didn't threaten anybody directly, he didn't threaten any groups of people anything like that and it's not illegal to carry guns or have guns with you.'

Jaber later told KDLT News that he was upset because of the event, which he claimed was 'branded' as an anti-Muslim rally.

'There were children, there were men, women of all ages,' he said. 'It was like a family picnic come to hate all Muslims.'

He added: 'I didn't go there because it was a Christian conference, I went there because it was anti-Muslimism and I was curious.'

He also claimed that he was not escorted out of the event, and left of his own accord. 'I was done with the event. I didn't go to hurt anyone, so I left,' Jaber said.

News
Kidnapped Anglican priest dies in captivity in Nigeria
Kidnapped Anglican priest dies in captivity in Nigeria

Amid a rash of mass kidnappings in Nigeria, an Anglican priest in Nigeria abducted along with his wife and daughter has died in captivity, leaders of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion announced on Wednesday.

Sudanese refugee threatened to stab preacher at London’s Speakers’ Corner
Sudanese refugee threatened to stab preacher at London’s Speakers’ Corner

A Sudanese refugee threatened to stab a Christian street preacher at Speakers' Corner in London earlier this year, a court has heard. 

Tribunal upholds new safeguarding complaint against David Tudor
Tribunal upholds new safeguarding complaint against David Tudor

A new complaint against disgraced priest David Tudor has been upheld by a Southwark Diocese tribunal. 

Christians to celebrate ‘the beautiful game’ at Wembley
Christians to celebrate ‘the beautiful game’ at Wembley

The event is part of the Football Association’s strategy to use ‘the beautiful game’ to bring communities together.