KFC confirms scarred girl was not kicked out; GoFundMe removes donation page

Victoria Wilcher Facebook

KFC announced Wednesday that their investigation into three-year-old Victoria Wilcher allegedly being kicked out of one of their restaurants is closed. Officials concluded that the incident never happened.

Both a KFC team and a third-party investigator researched the allegations, and found that Wilcher did not go to a KFC on May 15, as her grandmother alleged.

The grandmother, Kelly Mullins, claimed that they were asked to leave a Jackson, Mississippi KFC last month because the child's scars bothered other customers. Wilcher has undergone several surgeries to repair a broken right eye socket, cheekbones, nose, and jaw caused by an April pit bull attack. Her right eye was removed and the right side of her face is paralysed.

She wears a patch over her right eye, and has scars across her mouth, jaw, and neck. Her grandmother claimed in a Facebook post that the injuries apparently disturbed a KFC employee three weeks ago.

"They just told us, they said, 'We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers,'" Mullins told WAPT-TV.

Last week, KFC apologised for their employee's alleged behaviour, and promised to donate $30,000 to the girl's medical bills "regardless of the outcome" of the investigation.

The Associated Press reports that the family has received gifts and more than $135,000 in donations since the KFC story went viral. Wilcher's aunt, Teri Rials Bates, said Tuesday that the story is not a hoax.

"The article circling the web calling this a hoax is untrue," she wrote on Facebook. "The investigation is not complete. It is not over until KFC releases a statement."

KFC released a statement the same day in which it said there was no "evidence that the incident occurred and we consider the investigation closed".

The Facebook page "Victoria's Victories" has since been deleted.

Crowdfunding site GoFundMe also deleted the family's donation page, and is offering refunds to donors.

The family has not responded to requests for comment.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.