Donald Trump receives hundreds of prayer cards; Reads them everyday with Vice-President Mike Pence

United States President Donald Trump faces criticism on a daily basis, but he also receives widespread support in the form of hundreds of prayer letters that are sent to him via Republican Congressman Mike Bost.

Congressman Mike Bost, R-IL said that it was 2017 when he first realized the country needed a positive boost. Because of this, he came up with the idea of having the public send inspiring thoughts and prayers to Trump. "We thought maybe we'd get 30, whatever," Bost told CBN News. "It came back – there were hundreds."

The letters were written from kids ages five and up, and even senior citizens took the time to send their well-wishes to the president. 

"There was a 90-year-old woman that on it said, 'I have never written to a president, but I'm depending on you, and I pray into you every day that you'll straighten this country out - it needs it so bad[ly],'" recalled Bost. 

Before sending the letters to the White House, Bost and his wife would read through it first to make sure that only the encouraging ones make it through. He kept sending the letters to Trump without knowing if they were being read or not. But a few months later, Bost had his answer.

He was invited to the White House with 20 other congressmen to see the president sign a bill into a law, according to the Chicago Tribune. While they were together, Trump began wondering out loud who Bost was. "He all of the sudden turns at me and goes, 'Bost, Bost, prayer cards!'" shared Bost. "And I said, 'Wow, yeah we sent you some prayer cards over.'"

"He said, 'You know we use these every day.' And I said, 'What?' And he said, 'Yeah, that's why they're here. We use them every day,' " continued Bost.

Even Vice President Mike Pence takes part in the reading, and he feels uplifted with the prayer cards. "We read these every day and they're so wonderful," Bost recalled Pence telling him.

News
Kidnapped Anglican priest dies in captivity in Nigeria
Kidnapped Anglican priest dies in captivity in Nigeria

Amid a rash of mass kidnappings in Nigeria, an Anglican priest in Nigeria abducted along with his wife and daughter has died in captivity, leaders of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion announced on Wednesday.

Sudanese refugee threatened to stab preacher at London’s Speakers’ Corner
Sudanese refugee threatened to stab preacher at London’s Speakers’ Corner

A Sudanese refugee threatened to stab a Christian street preacher at Speakers' Corner in London earlier this year, a court has heard. 

Tribunal upholds new safeguarding complaint against David Tudor
Tribunal upholds new safeguarding complaint against David Tudor

A new complaint against disgraced priest David Tudor has been upheld by a Southwark Diocese tribunal. 

Christians to celebrate ‘the beautiful game’ at Wembley
Christians to celebrate ‘the beautiful game’ at Wembley

The event is part of the Football Association’s strategy to use ‘the beautiful game’ to bring communities together.